Welcome to ESBCP
- Welcome to the website of the Egyptian Society for Biological Control of Pests (ESBCP). It is a scientific society founded in Egypt in 1989 to encourage and promote all aspects of biological and integrated pest control and for serving the professional and scientific needs of entomologists and people in related disciplines not only in Egypt but also in other countries.
- The society was registered at the Social Affairs Administration of Giza, Egypt number 963 on 24 August 1989.
- The number of founder members was 55 representing various universities and research centers. Now they exceeded 900 active members. This number includes educators, consultants, students, researchers and scientists from universities, research centers, health agencies and private sectors from Egypt as well from other foreign countries.
- ESBCP is governed by a board comprised of 15 elected members for six years.
- The society welcomes the membership of colleagues concerned with biological pest control from Egypt and from abroad.
- Membership Fees: 30 Egyptian Pounds (or 20 US Dollars for non-Egyptian members and institutions).
- Annual Subscription Fees: 20 Egyptian Pounds (or 10 US Dollars for non-Egyptian members and 20 US Dollars for institutions) due in January every year.
- Fees to be paid to ESBCP’s Treasurer either in cash or by cheque issued to the “The Egyptian Society of Biological Control of Pest